Tuesday 16 November 2010

RUST

At last I have found time to finish my latest enamels.
As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I wanted to experiment with combining the enamel with the rusting qualities of the steel.
I have not been disappointed, the rust adds a set of warm orange tones to the pieces,
giving the work that sought after shabby chic quality I like so much.
Scraping enamel away, layering and applying transfers, firing and refiring a piece
to distress the surface, suddenly my sketch book pages are turned into glass and metal!





4 comments:

Sara Bowen said...

Just beautiful! I love the extra depth the rust gives to the surface. I look forward to seeing what else you do wtih enamelling! Sara x

Patricia G said...

Terrific! Great scratches, blisters and layers.

Penny said...

These are wonderful, have a thing about crows and yours are the best, wish I could see them in all their glory.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Oh, these are so lovely!!