Thursday 30 May 2019

WITH A WEEK TO GO


 Where exactly did 2 years go? 
Yes it is 2 years since I last opened the doors to both my house and garden and the yard:ARTspace for the biannual  Cheltenham Open Studios.Starting 8 June, Commercial Street will be open 10-4pm until the 16 June.

I am just one of 200 artists taking part this year and Commercial Street is one of  79 venues exhibiting and opening up their creative work spaces. 
So what goes into planning and delivering such an event?
So a month before it all kicks off the lovely Mr Brown and I start to tidy the garden as it has to be walked through to get to my shed.There are a few people who come to my Open Studio just to see how the garden is getting on.
So I don't like to disappoint. A bit like Chelsea Flower Show it is touch and go for things in flower. The foxglove may have peaked too soon! That is where the comparison ends.
But this rose by my shed will be in full scented glory.
Apart from the tidying of the shed, house, garden and the yard:ARTspace and all the hanging of work, there is all the signage to sort out. I want you to find venue 32 & 33 with ease together with the other artists in the Suffolk area. So arrows and an area walking map have to be produced.
My shed is almost ready, you will be able to flick through my sketch books.
There will be a few bargains to find next to my current work.
I will be working in the shed over the week so come along and talk about printmaking. You might like to discuss which workshop will unlock your creativity?
Back in the house I am trying to create a gallery feel with my enamel work.
Come early to snap these up, I do not have many figures left.
My collagraphs will be available, framed and unframed.
I have new printed textile pieces, this work
is only available from me as it is not presently in galleries.
This is just a small taster. There will be more work to see as once again I am joined by two very talented artists. Sharon McSwiney will be showing her jewelry and metal work and 
Caroline McCatty will exhibit puppets and automaton 
Can't wait for Saturday 8 June?
I would like to invite you to our preview evening,
Thursday, 6 June 6-8pm
Join us for a drink and an early look around the work before we open in earnest on 8 June.