Tuesday 10 November 2009

CREATING NEW COLLAGRAPHS

It is liberating to create images for different reasons. While working on the fish commission I am also working up some images in my sketch book for a series of Corvid collagraphs, just to experiment really.
I have used The Raven as a starting point, or should I say an excuse. The use of everyday objects in the work of the artist Jim Dine fascinates me, so with the two influences colliding and lots of textured wall paper I have made these two drawings. The next stage is to make the collagraph plates.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

These are wonderful. I've only made very basic collagraphs, so I'm intrigued to see how you convert these complex drawings into plates.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I recognise that moth! The second one is my favourite and I can't wait to see it worked up into a plate. Look forward to seeing it evolve.Lesley x

Aine Scannell said...

Hi Sue

Is Corvid a particular approach to printmaking ?

also cant wait to see them..... off now to the print workshop to do some monoprint backgrounds with extender and oil bars or paintsticks.

Cathy said...

I look forward to your new posts. Your work is always intriguing.