Friday 3 June 2011

AND THEY'RE OFF!

Yes the Cheltenham Open Studios has started, my house is clean and the lounge is now a gallery space. Sharon, Stephen and I set up the exhibition yesterday.

Stephens ceramics work really well with my collagraphs and enamels.

Sharon's metal work pieces are hot off the work bench, these bird pieces have been made especially for this show.

I love the way this wall sculpture works with the colour of my walls

Stephen's ceramics also look very sophisticated in my sitting room.

Flashes of colour and the lovely crackled effect of raku match the enamelled spoons.

I could quite happily keep my sitting room as a gallery, neat tidy and surrounded by beautiful things. The show kicks off at 11am June 4th and continues to June 12th.

For details of the other open studios, www.cheltenhamopenstudios.org.uk



Ask me at the end of the week how I feel about keeping the house gallery tidy...!








9 comments:

Sharon McSwiney said...

Thanks for asking me to take part with you Sue. The work looks great in your lovely house. See you tomorrow x

Jane said...

It all looks super, Sue. Don't know if I shall manage to get over but I hope I can.

Joanna said...

The 'gallery' is looking great, and all the exhibits complement each other beautifully.

Enjoy!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Everything looks fantastic! I hope the show goes well!

Jennifer Barnes said...

That looks wonderful. Wish I could travel to see it. Love the spoons!

Jane Housham said...

All your work looks amazing -- I mean, the work of all three artists. Do you do mail order? Seriously. I would like to buy a spoon -- the question is just which one... Shall I email you?

Jill said...

What a fabulous display, and brave of you to set up in your living room. What a fabulous selection of work. I would also like to know more about those spoons.
I will be setting up in a friends converted garage studio next week so we are still doing some lst minute palnning.
I am sure your event will go well, just a bit to far to pop over.

Shelley Whiting said...

Wow that collagraph is so dynamic and powerful. It's a very bold and beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Love the spoons very clever!