Sunday 19 October 2014

BUS MANS HOLIDAY

I had this weekend off so I decided to take a bit of 'me' time
and booked myself into a screen printing workshop
run by the Squeegee Warrior, Ian Perry at Unit Twelve in the heart of rural Stafford.
What a splendid time I had, Ian is an excellent teacher making screen printing
accessible for any studio or indeed home.
Lots of lovely low tech tips that created
professional looking prints. 
I had always been a bit tentative about making screens, but Ian made it simple.
We all had a successful weekend, fellow workshop participant, Kate tried some really exciting techniques.
I just love the repeat of prints laid out all together.
I was chuffed to bits with the result and now can't wait to get some kit to try this in the shed.
It is great to learn new techniques and I would recommend Ian's screen printing courses http://www.unittwelve.co.uk/printclub.htm
All fuelled by cake of course and well worth loosing a tooth over (private joke).
Thankyou Ian.
 

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So So NICE!

Caroline said...

Now I would love that print as a fabric.