Monday 2 October 2017

THE BENEFIT OF A HOLIDAY

The Autumn term has started at the yard:ARTspace and my lovely summer break is still a glowing memory. I had a proper holiday which cannot be underestimated. I am now in full creative, printing mode and head long into my classes...and I am loving every minute. 
My main task this summer was to try and create these sketch book pages in collagraph form.
I first thought that working into the print with mono print sections might work?
Then looking at this image and giving myself permission to experiment brought
me to the conclusion that a 3 plate over printed collagraph might do the job?
I am really enjoying this exploration.
Another bird, another set of plates.
Colour Sue Brown, I can hear you all gasp!!!
Then I went and spoilt it with a sparrow on a reel. He is waiting to dry before I add thread.
In between, I have been teaching carborundum and blended rub inking.
This weekend workshop was exhilarating for me 
and the group taking part. I was thrilled
with the prints that came from this class.
I have always maintained that the more you do, the more you do...
I can't stop drawing new birds, the bird a day for August 
really got me into the swing. I may not be drawing every day now, but I seemed to be getting lots of new inspiration.

No comments: