Monday 2 May 2022

PRINTFEST 2022

I have been a printmaker for longer than I care to remember and as part of the job of being an artist there is the important task of getting work out there and meeting the public to explain what I do.
Printfest in Ulverston is the only artist led printmaking event in the country and I was lucky enough to be selected for the 2020 show. Well we all know what happened then, but after a couple of postponements it took place this year.
45 printmakers showing every conceivable printmaking process gathered at the Coronation Hall, Ulverston to talk about printmaking and show art.
I have to admit, making the work is the easy part, choosing what to show and hanging it is so nerve raking.
Also standing with my work and chatting to people about it is daunting, but tremendously rewarding. I love to hear about other peoples artistic journeys.
Over the 2 days of the event I met interested and interesting people and had lovely technical chats with fellow printmakers.
If you missed Printfest, it will be back next year. Just pop it in your diary for the May bank holiday weekend.
Daily posts from the show can be seen on my Instagram feed, sb.brown21
For updates for other shows I take part in, join my mailing list HERE




 

1 comment:

⭐ 21 Blackjack Trainer said...

Respect for your willingness to explore new ideas and perspectives in your content. Keep it up! ❤️️