Monday 28 September 2015

AUTUMN HAS ARRIVED

Autumn has arrived in my garden.I love this time of year,
especially when the weather is golden.
My garden is full of late flowers,
the nasturtiums are particularly glorious at the moment and edging the  doorway to the shed.
But with Autumn comes the start of term. The 10 week printmaking
course at the yard:ARTspace is exploring
the collagraph technique of silk aquatint. A very sophisticated way of making a collagraph plate using a chiffon base to give rich velvety blacks and layers of glue to create tonal contrasts.
I am getting about too, I spent Saturday in Much Wenlock facilitating
a Viscosity Monoprint workshop for the 
An enthusiastic class produced lots of
beautiful monoprints,
with Mary, the gallery owner hosting a delicious lunch.
While I was in Much Wenlock, the painter Louise Millin Inchley was running a painting workshop at the yard:ARTspace, stunning results were achieved and I look forward
to Louise taking over the printmaking space to run more water soluble oil painting workshops in the future.
To finish off what has been a very busy week, I can announce that this collagraph has been accepted by the Royal West of England Academy's Annual Autumn Exhibition. Starting 4 October – 29 November in Bristol, it will be an interesting and varied exhibition, well worth a visit.

3 comments:

MYSTELIOS said...

Very interesting blog and so amazing art works !!!

Nela said...

Lovely Sue !

LAC EMP 2020 said...

You are right Sue, it is a special time of year. Envious of that apple crop and love the sharp colour of those nasturtiums. I think the garden looks better now than in the summer. Great to see the work from Much Wenlock and glad the day went well.