Monday 25 June 2018

MIDSUMMER BLUES

Summer has arrived, as I type my garden is filled with sunshine and 
it has been like this for a couple of weeks now.
As you have seen from my earlier posts it has been all about the sunshine, colour
and after seeing these wonderful examples of Cyanotypes in Bath I have been looking forward to the workshop at the yard:ARTspace
Lesley has a real passion for this fascinating process and I am thrilled to have her back at the yard teaching us all Cyanotype. The work room was darkened to allow us to coat paper and fabric.
And then the sun went in!!
After days of sunny weather, and further days after, 

we spent the weekend chasing the sun.
The locals wondered what exactly was going on in the yards, yard!
But with Lesley's enthusiastic guidance extraordinary results were achieved. 
There was a little more sun on the Sunday and we created toned versions using tea and bleach.
We just didn't give up and were rewarded for keeping the faith.

I am delighted to report that Lesley will be back at the yard:ARTspace in October to teach a Sewn Spine book making technique and July 2019 to make Cyanotypes again...fingers crossed for sunny weather.

No comments: