For some of us that creative umph has left and guilt about doing just reading and eating my body weight in home made baking is beginning to feel all wrong. And yes I have cleaned behind my fridge what is left...?
So I decided to bother a couple of fellow creatives and workshop providers, Louise at Hope & Elvis , Nottingham and Liske at Littleheath Barn Studios, Bromsgrove to help me create a Printed/Stitched response to the Corona Crisis. The idea is to try and get that creative mojo moving a bit by making a small 10cm x 10cm image...nothing too complicated, something to contribute to a bigger project and a deadline, always motivating. So...
Same Sea, Different Boat - Our Isolation Story
the yard:ARTspace, Hope & Elvis and Littleheath Barn Studio are proud to present a collaborative project which celebrates our creativity in a time of unexpected crisis.
It has been hard to find our creativity during lock down; we are all in the same sea but not necessarily the same boat! We have all experienced the Covid pandemic in very different ways and Sue, Louise and Liske want to invite you to take part in an exciting combined project.
The plan is to create a printed/stitched fabric quilt that explores your individual experiences, thoughts & emotions collectively about your time in lock down.
Become part of a bigger picture.
Your contribution will be made into an amazing quilt, which will showcase beautifully your individual response to the global pandemic.
The final piece will be displayed in various locations (dates and locations TBA)
· Make a simple collagraph plate, 10cms x 10cms, using the instructions at found HERE on last weeks Creative Sunday Prompt. These instructions have been put together especially for those who have never made a collagraph plate before. Express your lock down experience, figuratively or as an abstract using the suggested techniques.
· Put your name, address and email on the back of the completed collagraph plate and together with a SAE post it to:-
Upper Bath Street,
Cheltenham, GL50 2BA
· Your collagraph plate must be with Sue by 12 June.
· It will be inked up and printed on fabric for you in Prussian blue.
· Sent back to you for stitching and embellishing. If you have included an SAE.
· Return finished square to Sue at the yard:ARTspace by 3 July, where Louise, Liske and Sue will join everything together.
· Create a stitched, collage using only natural fabrics, embroider hand or machine as much as you like, expressing your lock down experience, figuratively or as an abstract.
· Please make the image size 10cm x 10cm on a piece of fabric 15cm x 15cm so it will fit the other squares to make the quilt.
· Send your completed square to Sue at the yard:ARTspace, address above, by 3 July where Louise, Liske and Sue will join everything together.
You may have noticed a lack of an example here, I am a printmaker after all and I have become very, very excited about prints on fabric!!
If you would like to take part could you please
e-mail me, firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we know how many collagraph plates and stitched squares to expect? Although this project is not in any way about profit, to help towards material costs we have set up a Just Giving page to enable (if you wish) to make a small donation i.e £3, this is by no means compulsory to take part in the project:
Just Giving Page.
Just Giving Page.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your collagraph plate or stitched square and being part of a bigger picture.