Monday 25 April 2022

HELLO - I'M STILL HERE

It is a very busy time at the moment. There appears to be an explosion of artistic events after the giant pause of 2020. 
I am looking forward to heading off to the Lake District, Ulverston to be precise, to take part in Printfest. This has been an annual festival of printmaking in the past. But of course, like so many events has been postponed twice.
Finally it is back up and running and is full of talented printmakers. I know I am looking forward to chatting about printmaking to anyone who cares to listen. I will be on stand 38 if you are in Ulverston for the bank holiday weekend? 30 April - 1 May, check out the website for opening times.
If you are in London between 17 - 21 May pop over to the Mall and the Mall Gallery where there is the Society of Graphic Fine Arts annual Open Exhibition. I am delighted to say that I have had my collagraph, It's a Crow accepted. 
May is proving to be quite a busy time for me.
The summer term at the yard:ARTspace, Cheltenham starts on the 11 May and I will be running three, 10 week courses in mixed media sketchbook techniques and collagraph printmaking.
 Wednesday mornings will start with the  sketchbook class where I will be encouraging the filling up of pages with delicious mixed media techniques using paint, ink and paper lithography. But this term I will be adding botanical contact printed paper to the mix. There are a few places left, so head over to www.theyardartspace.com for booking information.
There are also a few places left on the collagraph courses. I will be combining the beauty of botanical contact printed paper with the textural effects achieved with plaster and glue in collagraph plate making.
Several inking techniques will also be explored, so lots to look forward to.
Details and booking can be found HERE

There is also a full program of weekend workshops planned at the yard:ARTspace for both the summer and autumn terms, head over to the website, www.theyardartspace.com and learn a new skill over the summer.
Want to be on the yard:ARTspace mailing list and get news about workshops first? Go to the home page of the website and follow the link.



 

No comments: